What a year this has been!! It blows my mind to think about everything that has transpired over the last 365 days. Although 2014 saw its share of tears and disappointment, there were countless moments of laughter, joy and hope.
Here are my top 14 memories, lessons learned and blessings from 2014:
- Teaching: The hardest, yet most rewarding thing I have ever done. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about my former students. I hope and pray that I did them justice and instilled in them a desire to learn and pursue their goals.
- Doorholding: January-May, I had the opportunity to serve as a doorholder at Passion City Church. Serving alongside so many people and being a tiny part of the BIG work that God is doing in that church was such an incredible blessing.
- OCS: What an experience…definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got to work with some incredible Marines, train with inspiring candidates and push myself beyond what I thought was possible. Even though it went far from how I had anticipated or planned, I wouldn’t change a thing. I set a goal, I pursued it, and I left it in the Lord’s hands.
- The Jacobs: I get to live life with one of the most incredible families I have ever known. I could go on and on about them, but I’ll spare you…just know they’re awesome. 🙂
- Grad School: After researching, touring and applying to a few schools I finally picked a graduate school and program! Regent University, here I come!
- Camping: I FINALLY got to go tent camping again! Turns out, I have no idea how to build a fire…
- Cars: This year, I went from 0 car accidents to having 2 in a 6-month time frame. Talk about stressful…road anxiety, anyone?! BUT, USAA is ballin’ and had my back both times.
- Relationships: This was a good year for friendships. I made new friends & kept in touch with old friends–all with a new level of authenticity that I don’t think I’d seen before.
- Apex: I love the church that I go to, and I have the opportunity to be a part of a great house church & small group. It’s so encouraging to be a part of a body of believers that live life together.
- Missing: You know what sucks? There are so many people & places that I love and miss. I wish I could move all the things that are dear to me to one location and live happily ever after.
- Health: After years of repetitive digestive issues, I went almost a full year without any! There’s a lot I could attribute it to (gluten-free, blah, blah, blah…), but for now, I’m just going to be grateful.
- Bloom where you’re planted: I’ve learned that life’s trials will either make or break you…but that decision is completely up to YOU. Embracing the season God has brought you into will fill you with joy, peace and HOPE.
- His Faithfulness: At this, the end of the year, I remember how faithful the Lord has been this year. I couldn’t even begin to list all the ways I have experienced His faithfulness…
- Eternal perspective: I have found time and time again that when my mind is set on things above, earthly worries fade. When I focus on Christ and who He is my desires and plans are transformed through the Holy Spirit and I remember that it’s okay not to have it all figured out.